Head Injuries

Many bumps to the head are minor, particularly in children, but please read the information below from patient.co.uk to be sure you are handling the problem correctly.

Call 111 for furtherĀ helpĀ for minor head injuries.

Call 999 if the patient is unconscious, drowsy, fitting, collapsed, blood from nose or ear or unusual breathing. Go to A&E immediately if there is repeated vomiting, the patient gets increasing, worsening headache (Paracetamol not helping), dizziness, or new deafness.