Your pharmacy has a large variety of indigestion medicines, most of them are very effective and work quite quickly. Smoking and alcohol are highly likely to cause or increase problems with indigestion and in some patients acidic foods like citrus food.
Stress is a major contributor to indigestion and effective lifestyle changes and stress management literally can avoid a stomach ulcer!
Seek an urgent appointment with your GP or call 111 if you:
- are 55 years old or over,
- have lost a lot of weight without meaning to,
- have increasing difficulty swallowing (dysphagia),
- have persistent vomiting,
- have a lump in your stomach or have blood in your vomit or blood in your stools.